Sunday, September 11, 2011

Seasonal Sunday: Boneless Wings and Wing Sauce Recipes.

It's Sunday. You know what that means. Football! Yeh, I don't get to talk to my husband much on Sundays. Throw in some Fantasy Football and I am pretty much a single mom. Ha ha! His new favorite food that I make is boneless wings. Which is funny because up until a couple of weeks ago I thought I didn't like wings. I always thought the Buffalo ones were kind of vinegary tasting and I didn't like how messy wings always were. Enter boneless wings and one amazing sauce. Oh, and I totally all of a sudden like the Buffalo ones with ranch. Hmm. As a woman it's totally my prerogative. ;)

Boneless Wings

Go get it:

2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into small cubes
2 cups AP flour
1 tsp. black pepper
1 T salt
2 eggs lightly beaten
1 cup milk
oil for deep frying

Go make it:

Preheat your deep fryer to 340-350 degrees F. Grab one small and large bowl. In the small bowl add the egg and milk. In the large bowl put the flour, salt and pepper. Make a little assembly line for breading your chicken. Dunk the chicken in the egg mixture. Next, dredge the chicken in the flour mixture. Repeat so you have a double coating. Put on a plate until you have around 10-15 pieces (depending on the size of your deep fryer) to deep fry. Deep fry for 5 minutes. You can also heat the oil in a heavy bottom pan. Just make sure you have enough oil to cover the chicken. Remove cooked chicken to a plate covered in paper towel. Toss with your favorite sauce. Check out my new favorite sauce below.

Sweet and Spicy Winger's Wing Sauce (recipe from Favorite Family Recipes)

Go get it:

1/3 cup hot sauce, preferably Frank's Hot Sauce
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
1 T water

Add all ingredients in a small saucepan. Heat over medium heat until all the sugar dissolves. Stir occasionally. Let cool before coating chicken.

Enjoy!

No comments: