Monday, May 7, 2012

Thank you Pinterest: Fun with numbers and RACE CARS!

My son is obsessed with Hot Wheels. I mean really. Obsessed might be an understatement. No lie. I try to turn them into learning opportunities when possible. I came across this fun teaching game from Little Family Fun on Pinterest. It's a great way to teach your kiddos numbers.

Just take any blank sheet of paper and draw ten parking stalls. Number each stall 1-10. Call out a number and have your child park their favorite cars in the stalls. My son LOVED this. Feel free to add your best car noises and driver's ed. instructions (never too young, right?).

If your child is a little beyond 1-10 you can use any set of numbers or work with even/odd numbers, or letters. My next lesson will be matching lowercase letters with uppercase. For this I will just use the sticker dots/labels for the office and stick on the car. Instead of numbered stalls I will draw uppercase letters. Then lowercase on the cars. This game has endless possibilities. I'd love to hear about your variations.

No comments: