Monday, November 15, 2010

America Recyles Day today!


Did you know that recycling an aluminum beverage can rather than landfilling it saves enough energy to operate a 60W incandescent lightbulb for 4.3 hours, or to operate the equivalent compact fluorescent bulb for 20 hours.

I realize this is a little late in the day, but I still wanted to share it with you. I just pledged and so should you. Recycling is so easy and so great for the environment. Our family recycles waaaaay more than we toss in the trash. I know sometimes it isn't always so much fun having to rinse out tomato paste from the can, but it is so worth it. I even made a deal with my husband that if it involves him not wanting to rinse out something just to set it by the sink and I will take care of it. Now that is commitment folks. Kidding. He knows that it is that important to me. We are the only ones in the family who volunteer to take home the week's worth of recyclables from our family summer vacations too. The hubbs doesn't really care for that either lol. He's a trooper. So go take the pledge here. It takes 10 seconds and you don't need to give out any personal info. There is a lot of other great info there too. Have a look around. Even if you don't pledge try your hand at recycling. It just feels good. Thanks so much for the reminder Your Green Helper! 

No comments: