Monday, February 8, 2010

One Ingredient Banana Ice Cream


Can you believe that there is possibly a recipe out there that consists of one ingredient and tastes great too? I couldn't believe it either. Well one of my fave food bloggers (Sara you know who you are!) shared this with the world a little while ago and I've been obsessing about it ever since. Here's the deal.....you chop up very ripe bananas (See that lovely picture I took up there? The banana on the left is what you need for this recipe and the banana on the right is perfect for eating out of hand. Sorry, but not for this recipe Mr. Perfect Yellow Banana.) and then freeze. Once frozen you toss them into your food processor and blend until you get a grainy mixture. Sara said hers appeared to resemble couscous. Take a spatula and stir. Presto chango. Creamy banana ice cream. She also advises to add your favorite mix ins too. Maybe some Nutella or peanut butter or chocolate or even nuts. Let your tastebuds go wild! Now head on over to Our Best Bites and thank Sara for this so easy, so cool recipe.

* I tested this ice cream on one very special little girl in my life and she approved. Big time! :)

No comments: