Monday, February 15, 2010

A successful week of shopping.

I like to recap the highlights of my week, but I have been a little busy so I am posting this now. It was a good run at Walgreens, Piggly Wiggly, Save A Lot and PNS last week.

Walgreens: It was the week of diapers at Walgreens. I did 5 transactions spread throughout the week. I bought 5 packs of Huggies. Came out to be $0.17 a diaper. Not bad not bad! I bought both types in one size 4 and the rest 3s. We are kind of in between sizes here. I also bought 4 dozen eggs for $2.97. I bought two packages of Golden Oreos and got them for FREE. I got a 32 oz bottle of honey for $3.29. I got 4 Mars candy bars for $1.57 (0.39 each) and received a RR for $1.50 for a future purchase of M&Ms. Two jars of Lindsay Olives for $1.68 (0.84 each). Crest toothpaste for FREE! That was a full size tube too. :) Two bags of M&Ms for $3.24. I did NOT include RR (Register Rewards) off prices to be used in the future. I only included them in the price when I was using one to pay for an item.
Piggly Wiggly: I bought 4 boxes of Sunbelt Granola Bars for $3.58 (0.89 each). Gallon of milk for $0.99. Maxwell House coffee for $4.99. I saved $5 right there. Three kiwis for $0.98. It was supposed to be two for that price, but their sign was posted wrong so they gave me the difference. Very nice people there. Store brand loaf of bread for $0.69. Certified Angus Beef Boneless Bottom Round Roast $1.99/lb. Rinaldi pasta sauces $0.99. Crest toothpaste $0.24.
Save A Lot: Bananas $0.33/lb. Cracker sticks with cheese dip $1.25 each. Actually found out these are cheaper at Walgreens so I will no longer be buying them here. Sweet Potatoes $0.39/lb. That's the best I've seen around and it's been this price for weeks. Hamburger buns $0.99. Russet potatoes $1.69/10 lbs.
Pick N Save: V8 Fusion $0.69. 6 bags of Kraft shredded cheese $1 each. MONEY MAKER: 4 boxes of Ronzoni pasta $0.82!! I love that pasta too. Great way to get some fiber while eating carbs!

No comments: