Barnes and Noble is having a summer stock up clearance sale. Up to 85% off regular price. Many as low as $1.99. Act fast as the popular titles go fast. You can see if your selection is available for in store pick up or if you spend $25 you can get free shipping. Here's a bunch of $1.99 books I saw. There were gobs more too.
- Little Green by Keith Baker $1.99. Explore colors and patterns with a zipping hummingbird in a new board book of a Keith Baker favorite! A board book so no tearing of the pages!!
- Where Is Baby's Mommy? by Karen Katz $1.99. Is Mommy behind the chair? Is Mommy behind the plant? Join baby as he plays hide-and-seek with Mommy. The sturdy format and easy-to-lift flaps in this delightful interactive book are perfect for parents and children to share.
- Old Yeller by Fred Gipson. $1.99. This is a classic.
- Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Junior Novel by Perdita Finn, Chris Viscardi $1.99. Based on the movie.
Children - Reference & Study Aids
- The World Almanac for Kids Puzzler Deck: Science: Ages 9-11, Grades 4-5 by Lynn Brunelle $1.99.
- Toddler 411 : Clear Answers and Smart Advice for Your Toddler by Denise Fields, Ari Brown $1.99. With over 100,000 copies in print, Baby 411 is the country's fast-growing parenting series with legions of fans nationwide. Now, here comes the sequel: Toddler 411! From picky eaters to temper tantrums, Toddler 411 provides practical answers and advice from an award-winning pediatrician and mom who've been there, done that! I own the Baby Bargains by these two and I love it. :)
Infant and Toddler
- Baby Sign Language: For Hearing Babies by Karyn Warburton $1.99.
Teen-Fiction - The Truth about Forever by Sarah Dessen $1.99. When her boyfriend goes away for the summer, Macy, still grieving for her recently deceased father, must make it on her own. "Dessen gracefully balances comedy with tragedy and introduces a complex heroine worth getting to know," according to PW. Ages 12-up. Received many many rave reviews.
- Dreamland by Sarah Dessen $1.99. After her older sister runs away, sixteen-year-old Caitlin decides that she needs to make a major change in her own life and begins an abusive relationship with a boy who is mysterious, brilliant, and dangerous.
- Looking for Alaska by John Green $1.99. Teenager Miles chronicles his first year at boarding school. According to PW, "The novel's chief appeal lies in Miles's well-articulated lust (for Alaska, the title girl) and his initial excitement about being on his own for the first time." Ages 14-up. Winner of the 2006 Michael L. Printz Award
- Hattie Big Sky by Kirby Larson $1.99. An engaging historical novel portraying the challenges of a young woman homesteader attempting to define her ideas of home and friendship. Newberry Honor Book.
- Sun Stroked by Cathryn Fox $1.99. A brand-new erotic anthology about losing your inhibitions in paradise—from "the next queen of steamy romance."(USA Today bestselling author Julianne MacLean). Wowzas! :P
- Mrs. Kimble by Jennifer Haigh $1.99. In her masterful first novel Mrs. Kimble, Jennifer Haigh delivers the compelling story of three women who marry the same man- an enigmatic opportunist named Ken Kimble. Lots of good reviews.
- Knitting Under the Influence by Claire LaZebnik $1.99. When you're in your late twenties and nothing in your life seems to be falling into place, knitting is an awfully seductive way to spend your free time. After all, as long as you're following the instructions, you can knit row after row with the knowledge that the pattern will emerge and you'll end up with just what you wanted. Life, on the other hand, doesn't come with a stitch counter, so Kathleen, Sari, and Lucy, the heroines of KNITTING UNDER THE INFLUENCE, just have to figure things out as they go along.
General & Miscellaneous Biography
- Hope's Boy by Andrew Bridge $1.99. From a disastrous decade in foster care to Harvard Law School and beyond: this is the profoundly moving memoir of one boy who beat the system.
Alternative Medicine & Natural Healing
- Healing Your Child: An A-Z Guide to Using Natural Remedies by Francis Darragh, Louise Darragh Law. $1.99
- Instant Aromatherapy by Miriam Zellnik $1.99 Omigosh it has scratch and sniff!!! LOL.
- Few Good Eggs: Two Chicks Dish on Overcoming the Insanity of Infertility by Julie Vargo, Maureen Regan $1.99.
Diet and Nutrition
- The Best Life Diet by Bob Greene, Oprah Winfrey $1.99.
- Get with the Program! : Getting Real About Your Weight, Health, and Emotional Well-Being by Bob Greene, Sydny Miner $1.99.
- Diary of a Manhattan Call Girl by Tracy Quan $1.99. This sounds interesting to say the least.
Okay okay I could go on and on. I heart books. All sorts. Even an occasional e-book. I do prefer the stinky pages of old used books to the way my laptop smells, but that's just me. There are gazillions-yes ladies and gents-gazillions of more book on super clearance at the Barnes and Noble website. Go check it out. Let me know what ya got! :)