Tuesday, June 15, 2010

This week's shopping highlights.

I went to Pick N Save, Piggly Wiggly and Save A Lot for groceries. I did a quick stop at Walgreens for a couple items. Here's the highlights:

Piggly Wiggly:
Pig was having a Truckload Produce sale outside in their parking lot. I got a couple good deals. The rest of the produce prices weren't super amazing.
- Kiwi $0.25 each. I snagged 20! LOL. I was a jam making fool. :)
- Green Beans $0.89/lb.
- Dean's 2% milk $1.74 for a gallon.
- Marzetti's Hummus $1.99 each. That's 50% off.

Save A Lot
- Blackberries (6 oz.) $1.00 each. I snagged 5 to make jam.
- Bananas $0.33/lb.

Walgreens
- Listerine Whitening mouthwash $1.66 and I sent in for a $10 gift card so this should be a $7.90 moneymaker. I'm crossing my fingers. I figure my earnings after taxes and the stamp. Yes I am a dork, but I like to be exact. :P

PNS
I went and participated in Double Daze this week since it was Double Double Daze where you were able to double 10 mfr. coupons instead of the normal 5. This is what I got:
- Kashi granola bars (OMG the Mocha Almond is awesome!) $0.50.
- Starbucks VIA 3 pk. $0.50.
- 4 Lean Cuisine for FREE!
- Louis Rich Turkey Bacon $0.50.
- 2 Suave shampoo/conditioner for better than FREE. I actually made $0.68!
- 3 packs of strawberries for $4.50. I received a $2 catalina toward a future purchase of produce so theoretically this cost me $2.50. That's like paying $0.83 a pack!
- Kraft 100 calorie pack cheese for FREE.
- 2 8th Continent Soy Milk for FREE.
- $0.05 bag refund.
At PNS I spent $4.21 and saved $42. 08. I didn't even have to use any free product coupons. :) I just doubled 10 $1 coupons. How did you do? Well Wednesday starts a new week of savings. Happy saving!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I never even considered kiwi jam! Thanks for all the tips- nothing like a good sale :)