Friday, June 25, 2010

This week's shopping highlights.

I hit up Pick n Save for Double Daze. I needed cereal. What can I say?! PNS on Double Daze during a cereal sale is the place to be. :) I also went to Piggly Wiggly. Here's the best of:

Pick n Save
I did the buy 6 boxes get $10 off instantly and get a free gallon of milk and eggs. Sweet! I did two transactions. The cereal one first so I could use the milk and eggs coupon on my next order. I also bought flaked coconut, a loaf of white bread, Oreo Fudge Cremes, Louis Rich Turkey Bacon, two tomatoes, and a gallon of skim milk. Total came to $7.96 plus received my two coupons for milk and eggs. I tried a new tactic for multiple transactions. I only ever do two, but this time I went out to me car in between orders. I keep reading about etiquette and multiple transactions.

Order number two went horribly wrong. The second transaction I went to a different checker as they probably thought I was a weirdo for checking out again. LOL. This checker has given me some grief before. Not in attitude or anything. Just messing up my coupons. She's really nice too. I wasn't going to go in this lane, but she was free so....She only scanned 4 of my 5 coupons to double. So missed one there. Then she didn't scan either the milk or eggs coupons! That was like $5 worth of coupons between the milk and eggs alone. Grr. I was already in my driveway when I realized this. I was beat. I didn't want to go back and complain. I figured I got my cereal all for free so it was worth the trip anyway. I love Double Daze and don't want them to think it's not worth their time.  Anyhoo, I got 4 YoPlus yogurt for $0.79 each, 3 heavy whipping cream for $0.99 each, Old El Paso fajita seasoning for free, 2 Starkist tuna pouches for free, and DiGiorno Deep Dish mini pizza for free. I'm not even going to tell you what I spent for this transaction. :(

I went to Pig and got a couple things. I got a 24 pack of bottled water for $2.49. Dean's heavy whipping cream for $0.99. Gallon of milk for $1.99. They also sell natural potatoes that aren't sprayed with all those yucky chemicals for $1.09 (3 lbs.). Not an amazing price, but for being natural $0.36/lb isn't bad in my opinion. Anything amazing for you? Tomorrow I am hitting up Double Daze. I like to switch it up between my Wednesdays and Saturdays. Tomorrow is especially nice because it's Double Double Daze. They double 10 coupons instead of the normal 5. Here's to another week of shopping.

No comments: