Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Seventh Generation strikes a deal with Walmart. Hmm.

I found this news very interesting. I'm not a huge Walmart shopper. I don't avoid the store, but I don't make a point to go there unless I will be in the area. I would say that Walmart and I are not on the same page. We stand for different things. We hang out with different people. Capisce?

I read in the Wall Street Journal that Seventh Generation will make the move starting in August and be fully on Walmart's shelves by September. The crazy part is co-founder Jeffery Hollender swore that "hell would freeze over" before he would partner with a store like Walmart. That's where the Hmm in my title comes from. He has now changed his tune. “At this point, we now believe that we can have a bigger impact by partnering with Walmart than by shunning it,” said Hollender.

I am wondering how the prcies will compare and what they will all carry. I read that general purpose cleaners will be put out first and  then baby items and other types of cleaners will follow. I hope this is a step in the right direction for Walmart and not two steps back for Seventh Generation. 

1 comment:

Liz Mays said...

I've been buying them at Meijer.