Thursday, September 30, 2010

Latest child product recalls.

There have been quite a few recalls in the news lately. Here are a few of the latest:

7 million Fisher-Price children's tricycles recalled
Recalled: 2.9 million Fisher-Price infant toys
Recalled: 1 million Fisher-Price high chairs
Recalled: Fisher-Price Stand n' Play Rampway
Recalled: Mood rings and necklaces
Recalled: Children's hooded sweatshirts and jackets
Recalled: Sorelle "Prescott" cribs
Recalled: Children's star building sets
Chuck E. Cheese recalls more than 1 million toy rings and glasses
Recalled: Land of Nod toy vegetable sets
Recalled: Bamboo roll-up blinds from Jo-Ann Fabric
Recalled: Children's trains and boats play stations
Recalled: Baby bottle warmers sold at Williams-Sonoma

There are many more listed here. It pays to keep updated on recalls. Even if you researched until you were blue in the face and carried that darn Baby Bargains book with you at all times your stuff can still go bad.  My crib was recalled a few months ago and they sent me fire engine red plastic stoppers ( my crib is a cherry chocolate brown!) so that my drop side is stationary. Grr. I am a short 5'2 and I cannot lay my son down now. I have to give him hugs and kisses standing up and tell him to lie down. It pains me a little each time. So now I have to decide if I am going to keep my son in the crib and turn it into a toddler bed, but we are planning on expanding our family so then what? Maybe I could get rid of the bed skirt and chop off the legs by a good 4" and then it would probably be okay.....

No comments: