Friday, May 28, 2010

Rhubarb Soda recipe.

I love to cook and I love to share some of my favorite reipes. This one is such a yummy one and it's so darn pretty. Just add this syrup to some sparkling water and you are all set. I bet you could either reduce (boil down) this into a sauce and add to just about anything. Or add some alcohol to make an adult drink. OMG I am thinking Rhubarb Cosmo or a Rhutini lol. I love the name Rhutini!!! This recipe is from Carrie Floyd over at the Culinate Kitchen. Here ya go. :) Enjoy!


Rhubarb Soda 
by Carrie Floyd

Serves 6 to 8


Prep Time 5 minutes

Cook Time 15 minutes

Introduction

Recently my greed at the farmers’ market prompted me to buy more rhubarb than I had time to fashion into tarts or pie. Instead I turned the stalks into syrup, which I then made into cocktails and sodas.

Ingredients

1½ cups rhubarb, roughly chopped

1 cup sugar

1½ cups water

~ Sparkling water

~ Ice

Steps

1.Place rhubarb, sugar, and 1½ cups of water in a saucepan. Bring to a boil, then turn down to a simmer. Cook for about 15 minutes, until the syrup is bright pink.

2.Turn off the heat and allow to cool. Strain syrup into a large jar.

3.To make each soda, measure ¼ cup rhubarb syrup into a glass. Add enough sparkling water to fill the glass ⅔ full. Stir to mix, then add ice.
 
 
I am making some of this today to take on our little vacation this weekend. Happy Holidays!

No comments: