Tuesday, April 20, 2010

This week's shopping highlights.

I went to Walgreens, Piggly Wiggly, Save A Lot and Pick N Save. I had an average week. Here's the best of:

Piggly Wiggly:
I got 4 SoBe Lifewater for $0.50 each. 6 organic kiwi for $1.99. Another gallon of PW milk for $0.99 and one bag of dried peas for $0.89. I made some yummy pea soup. Mmm. Also got two free Oral-B Indicator toothbrushes. $0.99 each and had a coupon for $2/2. Nice! 7-Up 6 pack bottles for $1. Had a $1/1 coupon. Bought the Oscar Mayer bacon for B1G2. Used two $0.75/1 coupons also. Dozen eggs $0.99.

Walgreens:
I went a few times for the deals. The first deal was for Cheez-Its. I got two boxes for $0.50 each. The kids like these. I also was excited to hear the Kotex RR deal was almost all month long. So I snagged another box for free. In case you are wondering it's buy one box of a U by Kotex product and use a coupon printed here. You pay $2.66 (with tax) and get a $2.50 RR. So it's like it's free. I also bought two bags of the Stouffer's Easy Express meals for $1.50 each. Used Facebook fan page coupons and received a $1 RR. So it's like they were $1. Got the hubby to fan them so I could do this deal again! ;) I also got the Schick shave gel for $2.99 plus a $3 RR printed. I picked up my 20 prints for $0.20. I used a bunch of RR that were expiring soon.

Save A Lot:
I bought some really cheap Coffee-mate creamer for $0.49. I had a $0.50/1 coupon and it was on sale for $0.99. Come to find out it expired that day and was on close out for that reason. Oh well. I quick made some iced coffees. When I make those I use a lot of creamer. I also picked up 5 boxes of Beechnut Barley cereal for $0.50 each. I had three coupons for $1/1 so I was relly excited, but the lady only took two because she thought it shouldn't exceed the price of the product. Well, at least I think that was her logic. So two thumbs down to SAL for their coupon skills. I did figure out that they took off the full value even though the cereal was only $0.50. So that was a positive. I'm freezing the cereal as I don't need it right now. Picked up some more bananas. Can't beat their price. Also got the hubby some cheese sticks. Ya know the ones with the cheese dip in the same container. LOL. He likes those. They cost more than at Walgreens, but cheaper than Pig or anywhere else I have seen. They also contain more product than at Walgreens. Just in case you are wondering.

Pick N Save:
I bought 4 DiGornio Pizza and Breadsticks for $2 each! Thank you Facebook!! Two 1/2 gallons of whole milk for $1.25 each. I got 3 Blue Diamond Almond Breeze almond milk. Each one printed me a Catalina for one free Silk brand almond milk. Value up to $3.99. Nice! I picked up 7 packs of split chicken breasts. Price was great for 5 of them. I made the stupid mistake of not splitting up one order of my chicken so two packs cost me the full price. Didn't make that mistake again. I got four 2L of Mt. Dew/Pepsi for $0.77 each.  Made a penny on Beechnut brown rice cereal. :) Cat's Pride scoopable cat litter for $3.95. I believe it was 28 lbs. 4 packs of YoPlus yogurt for $0.29 each. 2 free cans of Del Monte corn. 4 jars of Classico pasta sauce for $0.99 each. 5 boxes of Ronzoni pasta cost me $0.50. :) V8 Fusion only $0.55. This is my favorite juice! At the last minute I bought the Brownberry bread. It was BOGO and the ad showed it costing more than it really was. So for $3.19 I got two healthy loaves of bread. This is the type I like in the house. Even with my mishap I still saved 60% overall.

Overall a good week. I'd love to hear about your grocery deals! Wednesday starts a new week for me. I can't wait to see the deals. Bring them on!

No comments: