Monday, August 9, 2010

I'm in love. With my garden that is.

Oh look at what I got! I had to share this with you. I just wish I had a better camera. Sigh. My garden is in full swing and this is my first Organic Beefsteak Tomato that I got to pick. This is a big one. His little sidekick is on the smaller side, but just as nice. Funny how I make my pots of flowers into girls and my tomato plants into boys. I love eating tomatoes with salt and pepper right after I pick them from my garden. Still warm from the sun. Wow, I should write a poem about my tomato. Kidding!

On a side note, I have to get this off my chest. I am totally super duper jealous of magical growing seasons that can get tomatoes months before I can. Damn you zone 5a. I guess patience is a virtue, right? Still doesn't cure my zone envy.

No comments: